Thesis translation is mainly used to learn foreign advanced achievements, participate in international academic seminars and promote academic and cultural exchanges between China and foreign countries. Now, Shanghai Zhenyun translation company will share with you the skills of thesis translation?
1. According to the different ways of thinking, language habits and expressions of English and Chinese, some words, short sentences or sentences are added in translation in order to more accurately express the meaning contained in the original text. This method is mostly used in Chinese translation. In addition, when translating from Chinese to English, we should also pay attention to adding some words implied but not explicit in the original text and some general and explanatory words to ensure the integrity of the meaning of the translation. In short, through additional translation, one is to ensure the integrity of the grammatical structure of the translation, and the other is to ensure the clarity of the meaning of the translation. A translation method corresponding to the subtraction method is to delete words that do not conform to the thinking habits, language habits and expression of the target language, so as to avoid the burden of the translation. The example sentence of the addition translation method can be reversed.
2. Split syntax and merge are two corresponding translation methods. Split syntax is to split a long and complex sentence into several shorter and simpler sentences, which is usually used in English-Chinese translation; The combination method is to combine several short sentences into one long sentence, which is generally used in Chinese-English translation.
3. Forward translation and reverse translation, which are usually used in Chinese-English translation and occasionally in English-Chinese translation. The so-called positive translation refers to translating sentences into English according to the same word order or expression as Chinese. The so-called reverse translation refers to translating sentences into English according to the word order or expression opposite to Chinese.
4. In Chinese, attributive modifiers and adverbial modifiers often precede the modified ones; In English, many modifiers are often located after the modified one, so the word order of the original text is often reversed in translation. Inversion is usually used in English-Chinese translation, that is, long English sentences are exchanged back and forth according to the Chinese customary expression, and are inverted according to the meaning group or all. The principle is to make the arrangement of Chinese translated sentences conform to the general logical order of modern Chinese logical narration. Sometimes inversion is also used in Chinese-English translation. At this moment, through the miracle of modern means of communication, more people see and hear us than on any other such occasion in the whole history of the world.
5. Transformation refers to the transformation of parts of speech, sentence patterns and voice in the original sentence in order to make the translation conform to the expression, methods and habits of the target language. Specifically, it is to convert nouns into pronouns, adjectives and verbs in part of speech; Convert verbs into nouns, adjectives, adverbs and prepositions; Convert adjectives into adverbs and phrases. In terms of sentence components, turn the subject into adverbial, attributive, object and predicative; Change the predicate into subject, attributive and predicative; Turn attributives into adverbials and subjects; Change the object into the subject. In the aspect of sentence pattern, turn the compound sentence into compound sentence, turn the compound sentence into compound sentence, and turn the adverbial clause into attributive clause. In the aspect of voice, we can change the active voice into the passive voice.
6. Inclusion method, which is mostly used in English-Chinese translation. The so-called inclusion means that when translating a long English sentence into Chinese, the post components of English are placed before the head word according to the normal word order of Chinese, so that the modifying components form pre inclusion in the Chinese sentence. However, the modifying elements should not be too long, otherwise it will cause procrastination or entanglement in the connection of Chinese sentence elements.
7. Insertion refers to inserting difficult sentence elements into the translated sentence with dashes, brackets or commas. This method is mainly used in translation. Occasionally, it is also used in interpretation, that is, to deal with some explanatory elements with appositions, parentheses or attributive clauses.
8. Reorganization method means that in the process of English-Chinese translation, in order to make the translation smooth and more in line with the habit of Chinese narrative theory, on the basis of clarifying the structure of long English sentences and understanding the original meaning of English, completely get rid of the word order and sentence form of the original text and recombine the sentences. A lot of time must be spent ensuring that key people act on the same information and purpose, which is a great test of physical endurance and thinking ability. Therefore, once the consideration is mature, the decision-maker should make a decision quickly.
9. Comprehensive method refers to the method of focusing on the text, taking logical analysis as the basis, and using various translation skills such as conversion method, inversion method, addition method, ellipsis method, syntax disassembly and so on.